Host an Event
We are grateful for the caring individuals, groups and businesses that raise money for the PRHC Foundation in their own creative ways. Your support will be used to help fund the equipment and technology that form the foundation of patient care at your hospital – bringing world-class care to our region.
Your health and safety and the health and safety of your family, friends and neighbours are paramount. During the pandemic, we encourage everyone to consider public health recommendations and government regulations before organizing a fundraiser.
Our legal name:
Peterborough Regional Health Centre Foundation
Our charitable registration number:
One Hospital Drive
Are you ready to organize your own fundraiser for PRHC Foundation?
All it takes is a little creativity, some careful planning, and the desire to support your hospital.
How we can help!
We know that organizing and planning a fundraiser can be a huge undertaking.
After receiving your Community Events Application Form we can support the success of your fundraiser in the following ways…
The PRHC Foundation CAN:
- Provide you with access to a customizable online personal fundraising page that can assist with collecting donations.
- Help promote your event through PRHC Foundation’s website, social media channels and internal hospital communication channels where and when appropriate.
- Provide an official endorsement letter which you can share with potential sponsors or donors to assist you with your fundraising.
- Provide an approved PRHC Foundation logo which you can use on your materials.
- Provide details on how your event will support great care at your hospital.
- Provide advice on event planning and budgeting upon request.
- Provide Charitable Donation Receipts in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) legislation and PRHC Foundation guidelines (see our FAQ below for more details).
The PRHC Foundation regrets that we CANNOT:
- Provide funding or reimbursement for fundraising expenses.
- Provide access to mailing or email lists for PRHC Foundation donors.
- Provide access to mailing or email lists for PRHC staff.
- Guarantee attendance of PRHC Foundation or hospital representatives at the fundraiser or event.
- Apply for any licenses the event needs, such as bingo licenses, raffle licenses, etc.
- Solicit for sponsorship, prizes, auction items and/or awards.
- Assume any legal or financial liability associated with the event.
- The PRHC Foundation requires final approval for all event materials containing our logo or when referencing PRHC/PRHC Foundation prior to any printing and/or distribution.
- We request that event proceeds are sent to PRHC Foundation within 60 days of the event. Please make cheques payable to the PRHC Foundation. Cheques can be mailed or delivered to the PRHC Foundation at: PRHC Foundation, 1 Hospital Dr., Peterborough ON K9J 7C6. Or please send us an email to make alternative arrangements.
- In order to evaluate and coordinate, all event-related communication requests for PRHC staff and/or physicians must flow through the PRHC Foundation. Please send an email with your request.
- For Charitable Donation Receipts to be issued if eligible, the required information must be received in the preferred format within 60 days of the event.
- Fundraisers are responsible for ensuring adequate insurance for the event; the PRHC Foundation is not responsible for any damage or accidents to persons or property.
- Organizers are responsible for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses; the PRHC Foundation will not assume any legal or financial liability.
- Where requested, the organizers must provide proof that licenses and insurance have been established prior to the event.
- A fundraiser may designate their donation to the following areas of care: Greatest Need, Cardiac Care, Cancer Care, Emergency Care, Mental Health Care, or Minimally Invasive Intervention.
If you would like more information or have questions about hosting an event or organizing a fundraiser, please send us an email.
Frequently Asked Questions
A third-party fundraiser is a fundraising initiative organized and funded by an individual, group or organization in the community who wishes to raise money on behalf of the PRHC Foundation.
Examples of community fundraisers include: golf tournaments, personal challenges, lemonade stands, sport tournaments.
Yes, you can choose to fundraise online, offline or both!
Online Fundraising: Once your event has been approved by the PRHC Foundation we will provide you with a link to set up your own, personalized online giving page for your fundraiser. This page can be customized with a unique message and photos. All those who donate will receive an automatic tax receipt and a personalized thank you from the PRHC Foundation.
Offline Fundraising: You can also collect cash or cheques, in person at your event or leading up to it. Please ensure cheques are payable to the PRHC Foundation.
Due to current demand on staff resources and restrictions in place during the pandemic, attendance of a PRHC or PRHC Foundation representative cannot be guaranteed.
All requests for PRHC and PRHC Foundation speakers or guests must flow through the PRHC Foundation. Please send a written request at least 6 weeks in advance of your event to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your fundraiser used our online personal fundraising pages, we have already received the funds and your donors have automatically received their tax receipt.
If you collected offline donations, please make cheques payable to the PRHC Foundation.
Cheques can be mailed or delivered to the PRHC Foundation:
1 Hospital Dr., Peterborough, ON K9J 7C6
We request that funds are received within 60 days of the fundraiser taking place to ensure proper stewardship of your supporters
The PRHC Foundation can provide a Charitable Donation Receipt only if:
1. The eligible amount of the donation is $25.00 or greater.
2. The Charitable Donation Receipt is being issued to the person who made the donation OR where the person issuing the cumulative cheque to the PRHC Foundation has acted as a donation collector and has provided a completed and legible Tax Receipt Log along with the donation cheque.
3. You provide a complete and legible list of donors on the Charitable Donation Receipt Log.
The following information needs to be completed in the Charitable Donation Receipt Log:
- First and last name
- Address, including city and postal code
- Telephone Number
- Amount Charitable Donation Receipt to be issued for
Gaming and lotteries including bingos, 50/50 draws, gambling, raffles or games of chance require permits.
Please visit http://www.agco.on.ca or https://www.peterborough.ca/en/city-hall/applications-licences-andpermits.aspx for more information.
The PRHC Foundation cannot apply for a license on behalf of a community fundraiser.
Sponsorships are not eligible for a Charitable Donation Receipt, as the sponsor receives advertising, marketing or promotional value and therefore the payment is not a gift. Instead, sponsors can receive a business acknowledgment letter for the value of their sponsorship, which can be used to support business expenses.
Upon request, a business acknowledgment letter can be sent to your sponsors on behalf of the Foundation. Please email the PRHC Foundation a copy of the sponsorship invoice at email@example.com. (Please anticipate 4-6 weeks for processing.)
Thank you very much for reaching out and generously offering to support PRHC’s doctors, nurses and staff through your fundraising initiative. Your efforts will help fund the lifesaving equipment and technology your hospital’s healthcare professionals need to provide world-class care to patients from across our region.
We know that organizing and planning a fundraiser can be a huge undertaking. Let us know what you’re up to and we’ll let you know what we can do to help! Register your fundraiser with us by completing the form below or by downloading, filling out and emailing the PDF version. Fields marked with * are required. We will follow up with you within 3-5 business days.
If you would like more information or still have questions about hosting an event or organizing a fundraiser, please send us an email.